Sunday, March 11, 2007

Can I have a date?

Because tomorrow is my birthday, Jessica and I went to my parent's house to see them for the first time since I proposed. Short story short: they're very happy for us, and very willing to go along with whatever wedding style we choose. Now we need to choose a date..... and we have preliminarily chosen the weekend of June 23rd.

Why do I say weekend? Well, because here is what we're thinking so far (nothing for certain yet!!!): Jessica and I get married on Saturday, June 23rd - our current idea is to invite immediate family only (parents, siblings - no significant others for the siblings/her divorced parents). After the wedding, the pictures. After pictures, dinner out at a restaurant - maybe a private room or something. We'll see. Then- Sunday, June 24th - the "reception" - a backyard bbq, maybe at my parents' house. This would include the family from the previous day, plus significant others for the sisters/divorced parents, plus friends. We would still probably keep this small, limited to roughly 40 people. Dress would be casual- not even "sunday best". Decorations? Not really needed.... Entertainment? Maybe some board games, a nintendo Wii or 2 set up... maybe some frisbee golf or even some regular golf (chipping/short irons) set up (my parents have 10 acres- though only about 2 acres are grass)....We're looking to keep this as relaxed as possible. If we start to stress about it, then we're doing it wrong.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

No decorations?!!! Sorry, the overboard-event-planner-type-A personality in me is coming out. Would you let me help with decorations? I know you want it low-key, but it's your wedding! Let's add some pizazz to the back yard!

Anyhow. Done with that. If you want any help with anything, let us know.

Also, I meant to ask earlier, would you let us throw you small, low-key bachelor/bachelorette parties? Nothing crazy, but just a night out for each of you?