Thursday, March 22, 2007

Update...

Ok.... what has been happening lately?

Jessica and I have gone back and forth about lots of ideas, but we're starting to get this thing figured out.

We are 99.9% sure of June 23rd.
We have a photographer penciled in. We are meeting with him on Tuesday to talk with him and put down the deposit. (Thank you Kathleen and Paul for the suggestion! We think we're going with Bryan.)
We have a caterer penciled in. We are going to go over their proposal this weekend and put down our deposit.
Jessica bought a dress today!

From there, we just need to get an officiant and a tent, and the rings..... and the invitations, decorations, cake, booze, register for gifts, get my tux, reserve a hotel room.... but none of that is really too crazy. And we're not going too insane with any of that.

As for the wedding itself... Jessica is meeting with a priest tomorrow. I'm not. Jessica and her mom are. Yeah. Who's wedding is this??? It wasn't Jessica's choice- her mom set up the appointment. How convenient that I wasn't invited. I have a feeling that her mom will try to pressure her into agreeing to have the priest marry us. Problem:
1) We want an outdoor wedding.
2) We don't want to take any classes, and won't put off the wedding.
3) We aren't going to raise our kids catholic, nor will we sign anything that says we will.

I feel like this meeting will be a waste of Jessica's time. I was also really stressed out earlier in the week, wondering what my role really is - if Jessica did decide she wanted to get married in a church (assuming lets say that there was just a single class or something).... do I support her decision? Do I try to convince her that our original way was better? Do I put my foot down and say- no, getting married in a catholic church is against my beliefs? :) I really didn't know what to think. I'm not too worried now, as 1) I don't think there is a priest that would marry us without tons of classes and signing a document, and number 2) I feel like Jessica is going to stand up to her mom and just say no.

Expect a post from her about the meeting with the priest in the near future!!!

-Still not stressing!!

No comments: